Days & Times:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s throughout starting on Wednesday May 23, 2018 .
- 4:30 am Run Walk
- 6:30 am Run/Walk
- Opportunity to run with people of all fitness levels
- Increase your personal fitness level
- Share and receive advice from experienced runners
- Receive support from fellow runners
- Obtain information about upcoming races and events
- Carpool to races
- Volunteer opportunities in the community
- Discounted 5Kevent runs year-round – See www.5Kevents.org
- Summer Pool/Beach Party as well as other non-running social events
- Socialize with people of all ages
- And — have fun!
Weather Cancellation Policy
Your safety is very important to us. There is a great deal of consideration in deciding to cancel group runs. We will cancel runs if any of the below conditions occur or are expected to occur at the time of the group run:
- Heat index (temperature + humidity) becomes unsafe: 95 degrees or above
- Thunderstorm – lightning is present
- Tornados and/or high winds
- Any other dangerous weather conditions such as hail or poor visibility
Please note that it is ultimately you who decides to participate in group run functions and events – be sure you feel safe and comfortable with the weather conditions before participating. We do have the right to modify or change workouts depending on the weather conditions. We will not cancel if it is simply raining or snowing – you never know what it will be like on race day! We use weather.com as our resource when making decisions regarding group run cancellations.
Tracking your efforts:
We will utilize an app called ABS, aka “Athlete Buddy System” to keep track of your efforts. Please download the up to become familiar with the operation of the same. If you do not have a “Smart Phone”, please let us know.